We are a Christ-centered community of believers glorifying God and serving others in worship, in education, in caring and sharing, and in meeting people’s need for Christ.
The 5 Purposes of Sunrise Church:
- Fellowship helps us face life’s problems by providing the support and encouragement of other Christians.
- Worship helps us focus on God, and prepares us spiritually and emotionally for the week ahead
- Ministry helps us find and develop our talents and use them in serving others.
- Discipleship helps us fortify our faith by learning the truth of God’s Word and applying biblical principles to our lifestyle.
- Evangelism helps us fulfill our mission of reaching our friends and family for Christ.
We may use modern language and music to communicate God’s Word for today’s culture, but our message has not changed. We embrace historic Christian teaching on salvation through Jesus Christ, faith in Christ alone, repentance, and the authority of the unique God-inspired Bible.
We believe the Bible is the sufficient, trustworthy, authoritative source of truth about God and His plan for us. We believe in God as a Trinity, who reveals Himself as one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe that all people are sinners and cannot be restored to fellowship with God by any power of their own.
We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for our sins, that He was buried, and that He was raised from the dead on the third day, and ascended to the Father.
We believe that the only way to be reconciled to God is by faith in Christ and His work on the cross.
We find faith beautifully expressed in the words of John 3:16 –
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”