Provide leadership in development, coordination, oversight, evaluation and recruitment in all areas of children’s ministry. Ministry includes children ages Pre-K through Grade 5. Expected time commitment is approximately 20-25 hours per week, including Sunday morning.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- A commitment to follow Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christian maturity and prayerful dependence on God.
- Passion for working with and for children, helping them to grow in their relationship with God.
- Strong leadership, organizational and problem solving skills, along with creative teaching approaches and ideas.
- Ability to build up and lead teachers and volunteers to help develop their skills.
- Ability to personally relate well with staff, volunteers, and families.
- Proficiency in computer and internet use.
- Experience in children’s ministry, a knowledge of childhood development, and a BA degree in education – preferred
Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate volunteers to lead Children’s Worship during Sunday morning services
- Train and occasionally recruit Sunday School teachers for after-church classes
- Research, organize and implement Bible curriculum to further Bible education for attending children
- Develop, organize and coordinate special events including but not limited to school year kickoff, Christmas/Advent, and Palm Sunday/Easter
Thank you for your interest. Please Contact Us for more information on applying for the position.