Make Plans to Join Us for a Week of Fun, Food & Fellowship!
Where Are We Going?
The Dahnke cabin is located in Bena, MN off of Hwy 2 (approximately 125 miles west of Duluth, MN). Follow Interstate 94 to Eau Claire, WI; head north to Superior on 53 to 2 West. Stay on 2 until mile marker 146 just past Bena, MN. Take a left, bear left until you see water! It is six miles of wilderness road, so hang in there.
Who can go?
- Men only on this trip (sorry ladies).
- We would prefer no one under 18.
- The Dahnkes assume no liability for accidents during this trip. All participants are responsible for their own insurance.
What do I bring?
- Breakfast food such as cereal
- Lunch food for sandwiches
- Snacks and sweets
- An evening meal to share, we use crock pots frequently so soups and chili work great, Freezers are available.
- Paper plates, toilet paper and paper towel contributions are welcomed.
- It can be hot or cold sometimes in the same day so both types of clothing can be necessary.
- Sun screen
- Rain gear
- Camera for the big one!
What are the costs?
- Fishing license fee
- A share of boat gas and vehicle gas for the trip.
- Meals during travel.
- No one is turned away due to finances.
What’s the catch?
Leech lake is filled with different species of fish. Some of the favorites of previous trips include: musky, northern pike, perch and crappie. We generally practice catch and release for bass and musky although a trophy can be kept. Freezer space is available for those wanting to take a limit home. No experience or tackle is required. A MN fishing license is required and can be purchased either online or locally. Cost depends upon duration.
Fish Fry-In the Garage!
Our lone long-standing tradition is the “Garage Fish Fry” where we actually eat in the garage! Fish is fried until all participants are either full or tired of eating. (There are usually a couple of brave women who attend and bring “real” food.)
For more information contact Jerry Dahnke at:
cell (765) 427-5709